If you are purchasing, the things you may need to do are as follows:
- Insure the property. You are responsible for the property from the next business day after signing of the contract;
If your contract is subject to finance approval, you need to:
- complete your application for finance;
- notify us of the outcome of your finance application; and
- if successful in obtaining finance on terms which are satisfactory to you, sign your loan documents and return them to your bank within 24-36 hours.
If your contract is subject to building and pest inspections, you need to:
- Immediately (or first business day after contract signed) arrange for a building and pest inspector to conduct inspections of the purchased property;
- Notify us of the results of the building and pest inspections and provide your instructions as to whether, based on the results of the inspections, you wish to proceed with the purchase.
Important Note: You must notify us of your instructions before the building and pest inspection date in your contract conditions.
If your contract is subject to any special conditions:
What will be required to be done by you will depend on the Special Condition. It is advisable that you contact us before signing.
If you’re selling, there are only a couple of things you need to do:
- Notify your bank of the sale and sign the required form (Discharge Authority/Authority to Release Mortgage) This step is not required if you do not have a mortgage. In that case, simply provide the Title Deed (if one is issued) to our office.
- Provide your instructions as to the bank account into which you wish the settlement funds to be banked. You may be able to instruct your bank (the mortgagee) if you have a savings account with them, to take all funds at settlement, in which case they will attend to the banking of your funds into your account.